Microsoft Surface Dial
- Transform the way you design in creative applications
- Navigation and shortcuts to optimize your digital workflow
- An intuitive design that requires only three gesture: press and hold, click and rotate
Reimagine the way you create
Surface Dial was designed to transform the way you create. It optimizes your workflow by bringing your most used tools directly onto your digital workspace. Store, customize, access, navigate, and reimagine physical tools in the digital world—from concept to creation. Surface Dial helps you focus on your work instead of spending time on keyboard shortcuts, switching between screens, and moving back-and-forth between palette and canvas.
Tools and shortcuts for your creative process
Surface Dial provides the tools and shortcuts to make the creative process more productive and enjoyable. Just press and hold to display a radial menu of tools, making it easier and faster to do the things you love in applications like Mental Canvas Player, Bluebeam Revu, MohoTM12, Sketchable, StaffPad, and more. Now you can undo each individual line of a drawing step-by-step, change pencil colour or brush size, scrub through video content, rotate 3D vectors or manipulate parameters, all in a single turn. It’s the simplest, most intuitive way to unlock your creativity.
Dial-in your creativity and control
Your creative experience is even further enhanced when Surface Dial is used on-screen with Surface Studio. Place your Dial directly on the screen and watch as a colour picker or a ruler appears on your digital drafting table. Tools change when you switch across integrated apps and haptic feedback gives you greater control by providing helpful vibrations into your fingertips. Use Surface Dial in your non-dominant hand while keeping your dominant hand for drawing, creating new vectors, making animations, and more. Everything has been engineered to help you stay totally in touch with your work.
Dynamic tools make daily tasks efficient and fun
With Surface Dial, even the little things feel more fun. Adjust the volume on your Spotify tracks, scroll through articles on your favourite news websites without touching your keyboard or mouse. Fly through your local city in Windows Maps, zooming in and out while panning across the touchscreen with your fingers. Every task is more enjoyable and efficient.
- Easy access to shortcuts, controls, drawing tools, and more
- Adjust the volume on your favourite tracks in Spotify, Groove, and Pandora
- Scroll through articles on your favourite news websites
- Edit, rotate and manipulate your creations in a single turn
- Dynamic feedback: Provides tactile feedback in software adjustable increments
- On-screen detection: Touch digitizer reports the onscreen location through a capacitive pattern (Studio only)
- Deep integration with leading applications like Adobe Creative Cloud, Mental Canvas, Bluebeam, and more
Surface Pro 4
Surface Studio Operating System: Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Bluetooth 4.0 low energy
Capacitive-touchscreen detectable (Studio only)
Range: 2 meters
2 AAA alkaline batteries (included)
12 months typical (4-hour daily use)